dub can't read files from cache

ketmar via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Sep 18 11:26:27 PDT 2014

On Thu, 18 Sep 2014 18:14:36 +0000
AsmMan via Digitalmars-d-learn <digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com>
wrote:

> I didn't know about this encoding. Why should you use KOI8-R
> instead of UTF-8? what does it conver that UTF-8 didn't? I used
> to think UTF-8 does conver all the alphabets around, japonese
> people does use it, isn't?
koi8: one symbol == one byte.
utf8: one symbol == ... ah, who knows? only Shadow knows...

koi8-u is enough for me. i can use three languages with it and still
have my strings easily indexable. it's ok to use utf-8 when i need to
interchange some data with "outer world" -- i.e. send or receive some
text over network. but i can't see why i must use utf-8 for my local
data. i know what i'm doing yet... yet i can't have koi8 string in my D
code without ugly "\x" escapes. i can't have koi8 text in my comments.
Great Lord, it's just comments, it's not even DDoc, why can't i write
anything i want there?!