[Dub Problem] DMD compile run failed with exit code -9

evilrat via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Sep 19 09:45:27 PDT 2014

On Friday, 19 September 2014 at 16:35:39 UTC, Jack wrote:
> On Friday, 19 September 2014 at 16:06:23 UTC, evilrat wrote:
>> On Friday, 19 September 2014 at 15:58:37 UTC, Jack wrote:
>>> Disclaimer: I'm a newbie so don't bite me.
>>>
>>> Anyway I've been testing out dub in an ArchLinux environment
>>> that is inside a VM software(namely VirtualBox) and tried to
>>> build the Dash-sample game.
>>>
>>> The whole process went smoothly until it ended with the Line:
>>> "Error executing command run: DMD compile run failed with
>>> exit code -9"
>>>
>>> The whole error message is in : http://npaste.de/p/HW/
>>>
>>> Both dub and dmd are up-to-date. (Dmd version 2.066 and Dub
>>> version 0.9.21)
>>>
>>> So, erm any ideas or clues?
>>>
>>> Sorry if I'm a little bit cryptic or broken in my English.
>>> It's around midnight here and I'm trying to find out more
>>> about this.
>>
>> verbose mode probably could help to find out whats wrong (dub
>> -v)
>
> Here's what verbose spewed out: http://npaste.de/p/G2f/
> Seems like it's the Compiler having trouble and not Dub. Though
> can't understand what it says anyway.

thats all?
if yes, i recently have accidentally declared struct array and
initialized it as struct with array fields
MyStruct[] sarr = {
   [ "field1", "field2" ],
};

while it should be array of structs
MyStruct[] sarr = [
   MyStruct("field1", "field2"),
];

DMD chokes on such cases. probably you have something similar.