Can't get Visual D to come up. No warnings, no errors, no nothing

WhatMeWorry via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Sep 22 20:14:26 PDT 2014

On Monday, 22 September 2014 at 03:30:22 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev
wrote:
> On Monday, 22 September 2014 at 03:21:44 UTC, WhatMeWorry wrote:
>> Anybody installed Visual D recently?
>>
>> As per the install instructions, I downloaded the  Visual
>> Studio isolated Shell 2013 and its integrated package.
>> Everything went smoothly.  I then downloaded Visual D and
>> installed it with no problems. However, when I try to run the
>> vdserver.exe application, nothing happens?
>>
>> Am I missing something obvious?
>
> Why are you running vdserver.exe?
>
> Since Visual D is a VS extension, wouldn't the expected way to
> use it is to start Visual Studio [Shell], and create a D
> project?

Right. Then I guess I should be asking how does one start the
Visual Studio Shell (isolated or otherwise)?

I've downloaded the "isolated shell and the integrated package"
installer and successfully installed them both. But after that I
have no clue as to how to proceed. I only ran vdserver.exe
because it is the only executable that I can find.