Trying to get Derelict.opengl3.gl3 and derelict.glfw3.glfw3 to work together

csmith via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 24 09:36:27 PDT 2014

> Whoops, I just saw that my earlier answer was totally
> inaccurate.
> I was on my phone at the time, so didn't look at the code in
> detail.

No big deal, figured you just missed it / auto response to this
kinda question. I did my best to google this question, but wasn't
really sure where to begin.

> Yes, ##opengl on freenode has good tutorials and examples in the
> topic. If you've been reading NeHe, drop it. NeHe is severely
> out
> of date and anyone still recommending it probably don't know
> what
> they're talking about.
>
> Here's some links:
> http://www.arcsynthesis.org/gltut/
> https://github.com/progschj/OpenGL-Examples
> https://github.com/g-truc/ogl-samples

Exactly the kinda thing I was looking for. Thanks for the heads
up about NeHe.

> Note that modern OpenGL is a bit more involved to get something
> on the screen. You'll be writing a lot more boilerplate in the
> beginning, but a lot of the modern features are definitely worth
> it.

I came from web development, you're meaning to tell me there's
coding outside of writing boilerplate? Jokes aside, figured if I
took the time to learn a modern language, I'd be consistent with
adding in newer technologies :)