Turn function into infinite range

monarch_dodra via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Sep 29 13:02:17 PDT 2014

On Monday, 29 September 2014 at 17:02:43 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
> I though I've seen this around somewhere but can no longer find
> it.

AFAIK, this as never existed.

We recently merged in "cache" into phobos. This seems like a
prime candidate to expand to also take a function/delegate, as on
of its built-in feature is that the value of "front" is not
changed until "popFront()" is called. Having it also accept a
function/delegate would make sense.

The issue with *not* having that is that a "dumb" adapter would
fail the:
r.front == r.front
Test. And I'm pretty sure this test is expected to pass, even for
the so called "transient" ranges.

I think I'll get to it now (this week).

Thoughts?