D1 -> D2 Code converter

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Apr 6 13:48:03 PDT 2015

On Monday, 6 April 2015 at 20:25:39 UTC, jicman wrote:

> Greetings!
>
> Has anyone written any quick program to convert d1 code to d2?
> I believe it will be a fine piece of program. :-)  Thanks.
>
> josé

It is surprisingly difficult, to the point of being almost
impossible, to write such program. Problem is there are no simple
1-to-1 replacements for some of D1 concepts (like const storage
class or array stomping) and adding const qualifiers
automatically would require to effectively implement D1 compiler
semantic stage with full code flow analysis. Combined, those 2
issues make creating such program hardly feasible.

I will speaker about it in details in my DConf presentation
(http://dconf.org/2015/talks/strasuns.html)