vibed - blocking file I/O via library?

Laeeth Isharc via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Apr 7 17:20:55 PDT 2015

> You should start a worker thread for this and then use message
> passing (vibe.core.concurrency) to wait for the results (or
> alternatively a TaskCondition). I was thinking about including
> a generic thread proxy in vibe.d that I've used to encapsulate
> these details when working with libgit in a vibe.d based
> application, but didn't get to it so so far. I could poa quick
> gist on GitHub if you want, but I can't remember right now how
> good/generic the code actually was.

Thanks, Sonke.  I appreciate this very much (and of course also
your work in building vibe.d in the first place).

I will have a crack at it myself, but if you have time would
certainly like to see a gist (but don't bother if the code isn't
immediately to hand).  I think compiling a set of snippets of how
to do common things in vibe.d would be very helpful in the longer
term.  (But maybe this is a task for others to build out).