Creating a microcontroller startup file

Jens Bauer via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Apr 8 10:44:59 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 8 April 2015 at 15:53:37 UTC, Jens Bauer wrote:
> [snip] I find it strange that calling an empty function outside
> the source file will cause that huge difference.
> -But of course, there's a logic explanation somewhere. ;)
>
> It might be caused by the linker script; I'll try and see if I
> can modify it to get rid of those things.

Nope, that wasn't it. However, I found out that when I call an
external function, some unwinding code is forced upon me; it's
used by libgcc. I can't seem to get rid of it. I've removed the
-lgcc from my linker flags (along with *all* other libraries, and
it's still forced upon me.

I tried to remove as much of the druntime, as I could, but it did
not help a tad.