Managing memory usage at Compile Time with DMD

wobbles via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Apr 9 02:49:37 PDT 2015

So, I'm writing a poker AI bot. The idea was to generate a lookup
table of all the poker hands using CTFE so runtime can be as
quick as possible (as the bot has a very small amount of time to
act).

There are a LOT of calculations though, many millions of
combinations.

During complation, this is consuming inordinate amounts of
memory, 16GB+ (which is all the RAM on my machine + some swap
space).

I'm wondering is there any techniques to freeing some memory used
by the compiler so it can be reused?
Are malloc and free usable at compile time maybe?

Another possibilty I was looking at was to write a tool that will
spit out all combinations at runtime, and then import these back
into the bot at compile time to build a lookup table that way.

Thanks!