seeking D wisdom

John S via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Apr 10 11:07:05 PDT 2015

Hello World, I am hoping that someone can lend some advice. I am
not really a programmer but I studied programming in the late
90s/early 2000 time period. I started with QBasic, then I learned
HTML, CSS, JavaScript. I dabbled in C++ using books and
tutorials. Anyway, I know enough to learn languages and begin to
utilize them appropriately. I haven't studied programming in many
years now. But I am interested in web development again.

I am no longer interested in Microsoft technologies and Php is
not my cup of tea. I've discovered D and I read that it is used
on the web. Most notably at Facebook? anyway, I would like to
start learning D but I do not know how to use it on the web. What
do i need to know/study in order to use D for web development? I
read something about cgi and fast-cgi implementation. is this the
way to go? remember, i've only used scripting languages before. I
don't need a step-by-step answer - i'm not stupid. I just need an
arrow pointing in the right direction.

thus, if i write a D program and compile it, how do i use it on a
web server?

please forgive me for not being all-knowing.

Thank You very much for your time.