Creating a microcontroller startup file

Jens Bauer via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Apr 10 17:18:26 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 8 April 2015 at 23:18:41 UTC, Mike wrote:
> You may also wnat to compile with -nodefaultlibs -nostdlib
> -nostartfiles.  That removes the cruntime and libgcc.

I forgot about those. Yes, when excluded those and added a
/DISCARD/ for the exidx and armexidx, I finally got rid of the
huge overhead.
Thank you so much!

I guess that the CTFE optimizes any function calls if they reside
in the startup.d file, because if I keep it in the startup.d,
then the size stays small, but as soon as I move a called
function out from the startup.d into its own file, then the
overhead shows up.

-But it's no longer a problem. ;)