seeking D wisdom

Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Apr 10 20:27:29 PDT 2015

On 11/04/2015 6:07 a.m., John S wrote:
> Hello World, I am hoping that someone can lend some advice. I am
> not really a programmer but I studied programming in the late
> 90s/early 2000 time period. I started with QBasic, then I learned
> HTML, CSS, JavaScript. I dabbled in C++ using books and
> tutorials. Anyway, I know enough to learn languages and begin to
> utilize them appropriately. I haven't studied programming in many
> years now. But I am interested in web development again.
>
> I am no longer interested in Microsoft technologies and Php is
> not my cup of tea. I've discovered D and I read that it is used
> on the web. Most notably at Facebook? anyway, I would like to
> start learning D but I do not know how to use it on the web. What
> do i need to know/study in order to use D for web development? I
> read something about cgi and fast-cgi implementation. is this the
> way to go? remember, i've only used scripting languages before. I
> don't need a step-by-step answer - i'm not stupid. I just need an
> arrow pointing in the right direction.
>
> thus, if i write a D program and compile it, how do i use it on a
> web server?
>
> please forgive me for not being all-knowing.
>
> Thank You very much for your time.

I'm currently writing a web server[0].
I do have a web service framework waiting for it. It is based upon my
previous one (Cmsed).

If you want to help with the web server, please let me know. The
configuration system still isn't fully flattening (making config files
usable) nor is it listening for requests. There also needs work done so
it can be demonized on OSX and fast-cgi client and server needs to be
written.

[0] https://github.com/DNetDev/webserver