Trouble in converting C code to D

Suliman via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sun Apr 12 02:19:49 PDT 2015

So I got GDAL binding work. And now I need to understand how to
translate C code to D.

Here is simple tutorial: http://www.gdal.org/gdal_tutorial.html
If I right understand it's easier to take C, than C++ code
example.

Now I am trying to get very simple example work. My code is:

   string fileTiff =
`D:\code\RSM2DOC\data-example\03022014_101_022731_09_10_Rostov.tif`;
   if (!fileTiff.exists)
     writeln("Tiff file do not exists");

   GDALDatasetH hDataset = GDALOpen( toStringz(fileTiff),
GDALAccess.GA_ReadOnly );

   GDALDriverH  hDriver;
   hDriver = GDALGetDatasetDriver(hDataset);

   double adfGeoTransform[6];

   if( GDALGetGeoTransform( hDataset, adfGeoTransform ) == CE_None
)
   {
     writeln(adfGeoTransform[1]);
   }

function (void*, double*) is not callable using argument types
(void*, double[6])

I can't understand why this error is rise up. It's look like
1-to-1 with C code.

Also I can't understand at what moment adfGeoTransform get in it
value.