IMAP library

Jens Bauer via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Apr 13 11:03:10 PDT 2015

On Monday, 13 April 2015 at 14:31:56 UTC, Johannes Pfau wrote:
> Am Sun, 12 Apr 2015 17:27:31 +0000
> schrieb "Jens Bauer" <doctor at who.no>:
>
>> I won't say it's impossible, but it would be cumbersome
>> processing email on an AVR.
>
> There are HTTP servers for AVR(8bit) devices, so it should be
> possible.

That's absolutely true, but usually they're very simple.
You can interface the AVR to an external SRAM or NOR-flash and
thus store the entire email (or Web-page) there.
But imagine that someone sends an email with an attachment - or
just writes 50K of babbling. -That might be difficult if you have
an AVR with only 8K RAM.
It's much easier - and perhaps cheaper - to pick a Cortex-M,
which has most of the things you need already; you can get
ethernet PHYs for less than $2, which interfaces with a Cortex-M.