GC: Memory keeps growing

Chris via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Apr 15 04:44:36 PDT 2015

My garbage collected app starts with ~10 MB in memory, however
with every execution of code it grows by at least 0.2 MB (or more
depending on the input). Although I can see memory being freed
(say it goes up to 32 MB and drops to 14 MB), it keeps on growing
slowly but surely.

I use structs for the most part [1] and reuse arrays at critical
points, clearing them with destroy() after use. Maybe this is the
problem? I dunno. I'd be grateful for any hints.

[1] The few classes I use are either singletons or instantiated
only once and cached when the programs starts.