Reuse object memory?

Ali Çehreli via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Apr 20 14:58:59 PDT 2015

On 04/20/2015 02:44 PM, Namespace wrote:

 > Thank you. Do you mean this is worth a PR, to add this
 > functionality to Phobos?

I am not familiar with such a need so I don't have a strong opinion.

However, if an object needs to be emplaced on top of an existing one, I
can imagine that the original object was emplaced on some piece of
memory anyway. In that case, the problem becomes "emplacing an object on
a piece of memory", which is already supported by std.conv.emplace.

Your idea seems to be for the case where the original object is created
by some third party code, and that they want us to replace it with
another object. If they are aware of the wholesale change in the object,
fine. :)

Ali