Startup files for STM32F4xx

Jens Bauer via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Apr 24 05:48:54 PDT 2015

On Friday, 24 April 2015 at 07:34:55 UTC, tom wrote:
> On Thursday, 23 April 2015 at 15:30:18 UTC, Jens Bauer wrote:
>> The most important thing, though, is that D-programmers now
>> have a starting point for the STM32F4xx. It should be easy to
>> adapt the same sources to other MCUs. I'm planning on adding
>> support for some of the LPC microcontrollers myself.
>
> this looks pretty cool.
> i would love to try this out (could't figure out how to clone
> it though)

I've made a tar.gz archive and placed it here:
d.gpio.dk/dl/STM32F4xx.tar.gz

> which board do you use?

I'm using STM32F407 Discovery board and a bunch of bare-metal
boards I designed (most of them are on breadboards)

> what devices work?

Initially, I've only made files for the F4 family:
STM32F401, STM32F405, STM32F407, STM32F411, STM32F415, STM32F417,
STM32F427, STM32F429, STM32F437 and STM32F439.

I only have STM32F407, STM32F427 and STM32F429 myself though, so
I will not be able to test on the other devices in this family.

> would something like a STM32 NUCLEO-F401RE work?

You'll need to modify the exception vector table, which should be
quite straightfoward (but may take some time, because it's a
line-by-line job).

But before you start doing a lot of manual work, look at the
template files and the generator script. The generator script is
actually dong some of the hard work for you. Just list the
exception vectors in the correct order in a file called
stm32f103.txt for instance, then add this file to the
bin/generate and run that scipt.