Startup files for STM32F4xx

Jens Bauer via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Apr 24 16:18:42 PDT 2015

On Friday, 24 April 2015 at 12:55:46 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:

> I was hoping that github access would be possible now with a
> more modern browser, no?

Actually I was getting sleepy and had to do something else the
next day, so I couldn't start right away.
But I'll have to learn using GitHub - I've never used it before,
due to the problems, so I'm a newbie here (feels strange to be a
newbie after being a nerd for so long). I'll try and see if I can
find out how to mirror my repository and will post a note here if
I succeed. :)

> I want to say, I remember Mike's talk last year, and having
> worked with ST7 micros (small ones, not even close to being
> supportable by D), I thought it was the coolest thing.

Mike's examples and talk was very inspiring. If he hadn't made
these, I would probably not have gotten "hungry" for starting my
D-support on microcontrollers.
-But showing that "it's basically possible" meant a huge
difference.

> I am very excited to see a possibility of using D for embedded
> programming. This really could be a niche win for D!

I couldn't agree more. D has so many advantages over C and C++ on
microcontrollers. :)
I hope that I can get a "low-cost" support for associative
arrays. When I say low-cost, I mean something like using a
minimal malloc/free, in order to reduce the final binary.
(I've written a minimal malloc/free/realloc in C already, it's
stress-tested and in use in someone else's application at the
moment, so it may be ready for porting already)