Startup files for STM32F4xx

Jens Bauer via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Apr 24 16:42:34 PDT 2015

On Friday, 24 April 2015 at 22:18:22 UTC, tom wrote:

> ill order a discover, i have to try this out.
> http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/STM32F4DISCOVERY/497-11455-ND/2711743
> this one right?

This board will do nicely, but you may want to get a STM32F29
discovery board, because the STM32F429 support higher speeds, has
more features, more on-chip SRAM and more freedom. :)
LCD/TFT support and Chrom-ART are two of my favorite features.
The STM32F429 discovery board has 64MB external SDRAM as well.

http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en?x=0&y=0&lang=en&site=us&keywords=stm32f429+discovery

Also available from newark (06X3667) / farnell (2355377)

-But the most important thing is that you have a working
toolchain.
OpenOCD v0.9.0 just went RC1 today, so it's easy for everyone to
build it.
Freddie Chopin already made a Windows binary (as usual), so if
you're using Windows, I recommend getting his binary from ...
http://www.freddiechopin.info/en/download/category/10-openocd-dev
... otherwise you'll need to build it from the git repository. I
recommend using v0.9.0 over any previous version, because there
are several fixes for STM and LPC in v0.9.0 (OpenOCD also works
well on big endian hosts now).

-So get all the free stuff working before you make a purchase
(including the linker scripts).
You should be able to use arm-none-eabi-objdump -D for
disassembling your .elf file.