Startup files for STM32F4xx

Jens Bauer via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Apr 25 00:04:57 PDT 2015

On Saturday, 25 April 2015 at 05:14:57 UTC, Rikki Cattermole
wrote:
> On 25/04/2015 5:07 p.m., Jens Bauer wrote:
>>
>> I hope to find a good way to use import for microcontroller
>> libraries,
>> so it'll be easy for everyone. I'm thinking about something
>> like ...
>>
>> import mcu.stm32f439.all
>
> Ugh, package.d?

I don't know ... Maybe, but what I have in mind is a tree like
this:
   mcu/
     common/
     ... (Cypress Semiconductor here) ...
     lpc81x/
     lpc82x/
     lpc15xx/
     lpc175x_6x/
     lpc177x_8x/
     lpc40xx/
     lpc43xx/
     ... (Freescale Kinetis here) ...
     stm32f401/
     stm32f405/
     stm32f407/
     stm32f411/
     stm32f415/
     stm32f417/
     stm32f427/
     stm32f429/
     stm32f437/
     stm32f439/
     ... (Texas Instruments here) ...

-Because there would be some things that can be recycled for all
microcontrollers, and there will be a lot of different device
types.

Things that can be recycled would be carefully written drivers,
such as LCD drivers that uses the SPI protocol. The SPI interface
itself cannot be recycled, though, as each device has different
SPI hardware and different GPIO hardware.
It could also be 'minimalistic memory handlers' and other
algorithms, which do not know anything about hardware.
It might be possible to make a CMSIS which can be recycled as
well.