Startup files for STM32F4xx

Martin Nowak via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Apr 25 04:50:18 PDT 2015

On Saturday, 25 April 2015 at 07:31:45 UTC, Jens Bauer wrote:
>> I wonder if you can get e.g. interfaces and classes working.
>
> I hope I will. ;)
> I think classes are really a must. The only thing that I
> (currently) see that could perhaps block this from working,
> would be missing support for static constructors and a missing
> memory allocator.

Static constructors are possible if you strip down ModuleInfo
(requires compiler hacking).
You should care about that stuff last. It's way more important to
make things work without dynamic memory allocation first. You can
still malloc+emplace classes later.

> That means 'new' and 'delete' / 'malloc' and 'free' must be
> able to handle multiple RAM locations (because there's also
> external SRAM and external SDRAM).

IIRC then the C/C++ malloc would simply can your sbrk
implementation, so it only supports a single heap, which should
be the external if available.