Startup files for STM32F4xx

Jens Bauer via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Apr 25 10:10:04 PDT 2015

On Saturday, 25 April 2015 at 16:32:50 UTC, Timo Sintonen wrote:
> On Saturday, 25 April 2015 at 11:56:55 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
>
>> You better dismiss the idea of using druntime/phobos.
>
> The minimum runtime I have made does fit in 64k rom/ 64k ram,
> which all STM32F4 devices have. With some work it may even fit
> to the smaller memory of STM32F0.

I definitely think it's possible to do this, as I've already been
using Timo's minlibd.
-But I'm thinking of something even simpler: No file system
support at all - and a few other things when I come across them.
;)

> I have not yet needed anything from libc/phobos in my programs.

I think that I should focus on making it possible to ...
1: Use classes (I find this very important)
2: Strings
3: Associative arrays

Perhaps a few other important features will be added to the list
(I do not know the D language that well yet, so there is most
likely something else)