Startup files for STM32F4xx

Jens Bauer via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Apr 25 11:31:45 PDT 2015

On Saturday, 25 April 2015 at 17:58:59 UTC, Timo Sintonen wrote:
> On Saturday, 25 April 2015 at 17:04:18 UTC, Jens Bauer wrote:
>
>> I think volatileLoad and volatileStore are intended for this
>> (please correct me if my understanding is wrong).
>>
> Yes. Actually I am not sure whether they already exist in gdc
> or not.
>
> Try to write for example
> regs.cmdr |= 0x20
> with these functions and guess how many users will move to
> another language.

Ah, I get the point now. :)

I don't want to start another volatile discussion, but to me it
seems an attribute would not be a bad idea.
-And for completeness... read-only, write-only, read/write and
perhaps even 'prohibited access'. I recall that something was
marked prohibited in some way in a library once; I forgot how
they did it, though.