dmd.conf... again

Atila Neves via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Aug 12 05:16:48 PDT 2015

I'm trying to use dmd on a VM where I don't have root privileges
(don't ask). I can't copy dmd.conf to /etc. According to the
docs, I should be able to use a dmd.conf that's in the same dir
as dmd itself, or in my home directory, or even specifying
-conf=. None of these seems to tell dmd where to find phobos.

I've also tried setting DFLAGS myself, but under no circumstances
is dmd passing the -L where phobos is to ld, so I can compile but
not link (well, I can if I use gcc!). Also tried dmd
-L-L/path/to/phobos.

Does anyone have a clue why this doesn't work? My dmd.conf looks
like this:

[Environment]
DFLAGS=-I/nobackup/dlang/phobos/
-I/nobackup/dlang/druntime/import
-L-L/nobackup/dlang/download/dmd2/linux/lib64

Atila