dmd.conf... again

via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Aug 12 05:40:21 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 12 August 2015 at 12:16:50 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:
> I'm trying to use dmd on a VM where I don't have root
> privileges (don't ask). I can't copy dmd.conf to /etc.
> According to the docs, I should be able to use a dmd.conf
> that's in the same dir as dmd itself, or in my home directory,
> or even specifying -conf=. None of these seems to tell dmd
> where to find phobos.
>
> I've also tried setting DFLAGS myself, but under no
> circumstances is dmd passing the -L where phobos is to ld, so I
> can compile but not link (well, I can if I use gcc!). Also
> tried dmd -L-L/path/to/phobos.
>
> Does anyone have a clue why this doesn't work? My dmd.conf
> looks like this:
>
> [Environment]
> DFLAGS=-I/nobackup/dlang/phobos/
> -I/nobackup/dlang/druntime/import
> -L-L/nobackup/dlang/download/dmd2/linux/lib64
>
> Atila

Hmm, for me the dmd zip works out of the box. Unzip, add
...dmd2/linux/bin64 to PATH. Done.

(The following is a stupid workaround that may be employed for
libs that don't follow the normal naming convention. Phobos
shouldn't be one of them but...)
But lets say you want to force it to link to a specific lib that
is in a lookup path you could use the full filename:
-L-l:libphobos2.so