Hello Assembly!

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Aug 12 15:18:40 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 12 August 2015 at 22:10:32 UTC, Taylor Hillegeist
wrote:
> So i was playing around with the D inline assembly trying to
> make it say hello world on my windows setup...

Have you ever written assembly for Windows before? Your code
looks more like DOS (aside from the EAX, which would be
overwriten by the AH mov anyway! In DOS, I think it was DX.)

But DOS code won't work here anyway, since it was 16 bit and D
makes 32 or 64 bit exes.

The way you'd typically do it on Windows is to just call one of
the win32 api functions, similarly to how you'd do it from C or
regular D, just calling the functions manually.