dub and subpackages

yawniek via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Aug 14 01:06:13 PDT 2015

i'm trying to have my own versions of my dependencies as git
submodules.

problem:
i include a local version of vibe.d and then i add other local
versions of
packages that themselves include vibe.d

somehow my version of vibe isn't picked up by the other
dependencies and it results in an error: "Sub package vibe-d:
doesn't exist."

when i go and simply remove the vibe-d dependency from the
dub.json it compiles fine.
but that can't be the solution.

dub --version
DUB version 0.9.24-rc.2+18-g4fece3c, built on Aug 14 2015
top level project uses dub.sdl, subpackages use dub.json.

whats the correct way of having a chain of packages included from
git submodules so that every packages get's only picked once?