Weird error message.

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sun Aug 16 16:59:57 PDT 2015

On Sunday, August 16, 2015 21:32:08 Warwick via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> Dont know what to make of this, I pretty much get it every other
> time I call rdmd. It'll alternate between running fine and then
> giving me this error...
>
> C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++>rdmd J:\Code\statproc.d
> std.process.ProcessException at std\process.d(550): Failed to spawn
> new process (The process cannot access the file because
>   it is being used by another process.)
> ----------------
> 0x00434C59
> 0x00426F47
> 0x00403C9C
> 0x00403D17
> 0x0042F60B
> 0x0042F521
> 0x0042258C
> 0x76B533CA in BaseThreadInitThunk
> 0x775A9ED2 in RtlInitializeExceptionChain
> 0x775A9EA5 in RtlInitializeExceptionChain
>
> Any ideas?

Well, Windows has file locks, so tyically, if one program has a file open,
another can't have it open. So, I'd guess that either something has the file
open when you're running rdmd, so rdmd can't access it, or rdmd is trying to
access it from multiple processes and sometimes one of its processes is
accessing it when another one tries to. But I don't know if rdmd creates
multiple processes or not.

Personally, I wish that Windows didn't have file locks... :(

- Jonathan M Davis