Real OOP with D

Ozan via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sun Aug 16 22:57:50 PDT 2015

Hi

Working with objectoriented concepts results often in large trees
of related classes. Every instance of a class knows his methods
and data.  An example like following would work:

import std.stdio;
class Family { }
class Dad : Family { void greeting() { writeln("I'm dad"); } }
class Boy : Family { void greeting() { writeln("I'm daddy's
boy"); } }
void main() {
writeln("Father and son");
Dad father = new Dad;
Family son = new Boy;
father.greeting;
son.greeting;
}

The critical point is using a variable of type Family for an
instance of Boy. Class Family covers the greeting method of Boy.
In real OOP that would not be a problem, because the access point
of view starts with the object. In D, it starts with the class
definition.

Is there any way to get real OOP with D?

Regards,  Ozan