automatically verifying code samples in phobos docs

Laeeth Isharc via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Aug 19 16:41:45 PDT 2015

Should this be done?  How?

I sent a pull request for the std.net.curl docs.  They all talk
about assigning the results of web requests to strings, but at
least on my setup this does not work (cannot assign char[] to
string).  I was trying to walk someone else through using this
and it was confusing.

  Error: cannot implicitly convert expression
(get("http.dlang.org", AutoProtocol())) of type char[] to string

BTW I don't know why you can't convert a char[] to string - seems
harmless enough conversion that way around.

Pull request here (I haven't had time to check properly).

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/3564