GC and MMM

luminousone via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Aug 20 10:24:31 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 20 August 2015 at 17:13:33 UTC, Ilya Yaroshenko
wrote:
> Hi All!
>
> Does GC scan manually allocated memory?
> I want to use huge manually allocated hash tables and I don't
> want to GC scan them because performance reasons.
>
> Best regards,
> Ilya

Yes, just don't store any GC managed pointers in said manually
allocated memory. Or at the very least consider any GC managed
pointers to be weak pointers.

core.memory add/remove range have to be used put c malloc memory
into the GC, simply don't call these functions.