(De)Serializing interfaces

Edwin van Leeuwen via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Aug 24 02:26:38 PDT 2015

On Saturday, 22 August 2015 at 19:14:16 UTC, nims wrote:
> I think interfaces are very powerful and I heavily use them.
> The only problem I have with them is that
> serializing/deserializing them to XML or JSON doesn't seem to
> work. So far I got to try Orange and painlessjson. Using Orange
> all I got was a lot of compiler errors. Painlessjson did
> compile normally but just ignores all interface class members.

Painlessjson indeed does not support interfaces/subclasses at the
moment. There was some discussion about it here:
https://github.com/BlackEdder/painlessjson/issues/8 , but we
haven't really thought of a good way of doing it yet.

There is also:
http://code.dlang.org/packages/jsonizer
which I think should support at least subclasses, not sure about
intefaces.