linking-in libs under linux needed and not under windows

BBasile via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Aug 27 00:40:57 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 27 August 2015 at 04:57:14 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> On Thursday, 27 August 2015 at 02:50:58 UTC, BBasile wrote:
>> So the Q: Is this difference normal ?
>
> Yes, it is a feature the Windows format supports but the Linux
> one doesn't. On Linux, you need to list the libraries on the
> command line again.

This is a bit what i wanted to hear, so I hope that your answer
is not pernicious.

Strangely, I've forgot to tell that in the original post, if I
use the procedure that works for Linux but on Windows, I get some
"multiple definition of ..." error messages. Because in this case
the *.lib are really linked at each step.