How to get the current Timezone

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sun Aug 30 14:46:25 PDT 2015

On Saturday, August 29, 2015 05:25:33 rumbu via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> On Friday, 28 August 2015 at 23:03:16 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
>

> > I _really_ wish that Microsoft would just use the TZ database
> > like everyone else...
> >
> > - Jonathan M Davis
>
> Starting with Windows 8.1, it does, but only in Windows Runtime
> (so called modern/store apps).

Well, that's good news but ultimately pretty useless. If it's really going
ot be of any use to applications in general, then the OS itself needs to be
using the TZ database files, and that needs to be accessible via their
normal C API, not just the WinRT stuff. But maybe this is a good sign for
the future.

- Jonathan M Davis