need help with Windows CreateNamedPipe Security attributes process with undefined symbols at compile time

Jonathan Villa via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Dec 1 06:40:37 PST 2015

On Tuesday, 1 December 2015 at 05:26:25 UTC, Nicholas Wilson
wrote:

> What is causing this: Is this a compile or a linker error?
this is the real output of the error:
Building Debug\ASI.exe...
OPTLINK (R) for Win32  Release 8.00.17
Copyright (C) Digital Mars 1989-2013  All rights reserved.
http://www.digitalmars.com/ctg/optlink.html
Debug\ASI.obj(ASI)
  Error 42: Symbol Undefined _SetSecurityDescriptorDacl at 16
Debug\ASI.obj(ASI)
  Error 42: Symbol Undefined _InitializeSecurityDescriptor at 8
Building Debug\ASI.exe failed!

> is the cast necessary?
I tried without the cast and it throws me a compile error, so I
made the cast.

> you want toStringz(pipename) or if you know pipename is a null
> terminated string pipename.ptr
Thanks for your advice, I'm very noob with D so I downloaded the
new book that came out that can be free. It's supposed that the
name will come in the arguments (I've not written that yet, I did
just put some basic string "pipechanneltest" <-string literal.

> pragma(lib ,"advapi32");
> it may also require the appropriate file suffix (.dll or .lib)
Yes, I wrote it with comma, it was just a typo error.
advapi32.lib I found it in my DMD installation folder
(dmd2/windows/lib) (62.5K), same as kernel32.lib (106K).
Can I use .lib files from my Windows SDK? it's heavier (189K).

I wrote after the pragma(lib ,"kernel32"); the following line:
pragma(lib, "advapi32.lib");
I tried without file suffix and with .dll suffix and it failed in
all cases.

MAN! what the heck? I changed the build from x86 to x64 and
there's no more errors. Even without the new pragma line. Either
way I would prefer x64 over x86.