DDOC adds emphasis on symbols, so how to use $(LINK a) properly?

anonymous via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Dec 1 07:33:58 PST 2015

On 01.12.2015 16:15, kraybit wrote:
>      /**
>      *  Also see $(LINK mylib.image.pixel.html)
>      */
>      module mylib;
>

> This will generate a link, but the href will be
> "<b>mylib</b>.image.pixel.html", which won't work in my browser at least
> (Chromium). This can be fixed with:
>

>      $(LINK _mylib.image.pixel.html)
>

> Ok, great. But wait a minute. How do I know that 'image' and 'pixel'
> won't be emphasized symbols in the future?

'mylib' is emphasized because it's the module name and you're
documenting the module declaration there. That is, identifiers are only
emphasized automatically when they're used in the declaration that is
being documented. 'image' or 'pixel' would only be emphasized if you
changed the module name to 'image' or 'pixel'.