DDOC adds emphasis on symbols, so how to use $(LINK a) properly?

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Dec 1 08:01:19 PST 2015

On Tuesday, 1 December 2015 at 15:52:04 UTC, kraybit wrote:
> Hm, I see, so it's contextual? Would 'pixel' then be emphasized
> if I'm in the documentation of void pixel()?

Yes. It underlines whatever the currently documented symbol is.
So at the top level, it is the module/package name. On a class,
it is the class name. Method, you get the point.

That's the extent of the context though... if you write:

/// Call are when you are sure you are ready.
void are() {}

Every instance of the word "are" in the documentation would get
the PSYMBOL treatment, whether it is grammatically correct, in a
link, in a table, or whatever.

But it would not be highlighted if the method was different:

/// Call foo when you are ready.
void foo() {}

There, foo would be highlighted, but are wouldn't be.