demangle()

Andrew via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Dec 2 14:06:25 PST 2015

When I run the DMD profile, the "overview" at the end of the
trace.log contains some mangles names (such as:

_D3std5stdio4File17LockingTextWriter12__T3putTAyaZ3putMFAyaZ13trustedFwriteFNbNiNexPvmmPOS4core4stdc5stdio7__sFILEZm

When I call demangle() on those mangled names it returns the
mangled name, presumably because it can't detangle the name
(according to the spec).

How do I get the demangled name?  Why can't it demangle?  What is
the consequence to my program of its inability to demangle (is it
a many to 1?)?

Thanks