benchmark on binary trees

Alex via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Dec 7 02:55:25 PST 2015

On Sunday, 6 December 2015 at 12:23:52 UTC, visitor wrote:
> Hello, interesting exercise for me to learn about allocators :-)
Nice to know, a novice can inspire someone :)

> i managed to parallelize the code reaching similar performance,
> in terms of speed, as the non parallel version :
> http://dpaste.dzfl.pl/6c3e6edcff59
Cool! This is what I looked for!

> BUT it consumes insane memory, don't try with argument more
> than 17 !!!
>
> so either i'm doing something stupid (in parallel code, i
> guess) or the FreeList allocator is totally not the right tool
> ... (both ?)
I assume, the allocator itself is something, that is not really
needed in this case. Maybe, there is a more straight forward
access to the problem. Even a simpler then in all the versions on
the benchgame site, but I don't see it right now.
And with the allocator attempt I had a chance to experiment with
the experimental module and to write a very quick copy of a
program, which I want to have...

But your solution is really impressive, it reduces the factor
from 5 to 3 immediately :) And I'm going to read your code
carefully...