No documentation for core.sys?

Jakob Ovrum via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Dec 16 20:50:48 PST 2015

On Thursday, 17 December 2015 at 04:23:30 UTC, Shriramana Sharma
wrote:
> Jakob Ovrum wrote:
>
>> As with core.stdc, refer to the
>> documentation for the equivalent C header.
>
> I only know of even core.stdc's existence since I've been
> poking into the Phobos sources. At least the Phobos
> documentation should mention that such modules exist.

Maybe. The thing is, the bindings in core.sys have been built on
an as-needed (by druntime or Phobos) basis, so some of them are
incomplete and some headers are probably missing. That said, I'm
not very familiar with it, so maybe the current status is
different. I know for one thing that core.sys.windows recently
had a major overhaul.

> [sigh] This is why D's API version is still 0, as in 2.0.69.2
> (at least my interpretation of the weird zero-prefixed
> numbering being used).

Uh, hyperbole much?

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/druntime/pull/1402