No documentation for core.sys?

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Dec 17 08:31:09 PST 2015

On Thursday, 17 December 2015 at 03:40:02 UTC, Shriramana Sharma
wrote:
> Why isn't there a documentation page
> http://dlang.org/phobos/core_sys.html whereas lots of other
> core.* modules are documented?

Because the D build process is f***ed up and the website build
process is yet another layer of crap on top of it.

I'm sorry to be so harsh, but that's the simple truth of the
matter. I recently added a new binding module in there and it
took me, plus the reviewers, like four iterations just to get it
included in the druntime build correctly (and it is just
bindings! it doesn't even do anything) and the website build
duplicates those lists AGAIN.

BTW, I run a D documentation search engine that digs deeper than
the main page:

http://dpldocs.info/isatty

Stick a function name in there and see what it gives you. For
isatty, it gives:

core.sys.posix.unistd.isatty

telling you that it is there, though no extra docs are written.
Then you can try finding it on the real site or just importing it.

It is useful to find the module for functions as tehy move too:

http://dpldocs.info/walkLength

This is a best-effort implementation of $(D length) for any kind
of range.

Not perfect, but helps to find things. It also has indexed my
modules:

http://dpldocs.info/simpledisplay.SimpleWindow

The docs aren't really readable there but the indexing helps find
where to look.