ndslice and limits of debug info and autocompletion

Jay Norwood via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Dec 21 16:21:16 PST 2015

I'm trying to determine if the debugger autocompletion would be
useful in combination with ndslice.   I find that using visualD I
get offered no completion to select core_ctr or epu_ctr where
epu_ctr is used in the writeln below.

I take it this either means that there is some basic limitation
in the debug info, or else VisualD just punts after some number
of array subscripts.

The code builds and executes correctly ... but I was hoping the
debugger completion would help out with an exploratory mode using
compiled code.

import std.stdio;
import std.experimental.ndslice;
import std.experimental.ndslice.iteration: transposed;
struct sample{
	ulong [10] core_ctr;
	ulong [32] epu_ctr;
}

void main() {
	auto a1 = new sample[60];
	auto t3 = a1.sliced!(ReplaceArrayWithPointer.no)(3,4,5);
	writeln(t3[0][0][0].epu_ctr);