How is D doing?

rsw0x via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Dec 23 16:16:16 PST 2015

On Tuesday, 22 December 2015 at 21:38:22 UTC, ZombineDev wrote:
> On Tuesday, 22 December 2015 at 17:49:34 UTC, Jakob Jenkov
> wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 22 December 2015 at 03:30:32 UTC, ShinraTensei
>> wrote:
>>> I recently noticed massive increase in new languages for a
>>> person to jump into(Nim, Rust, Go...etc) but my question is
>>> weather the D is actually used anywhere or are there chances
>>> of it dying anytime soon.
>>

>> Check out Google Trends. Searches for D Tutorial still beats
>> searches for Scala Tutorial by a big margin:
>>
>> https://google.com/trends/explore#q=d%20tutorial%2C%20scala%20tutorial
>
> Google Trends shows something interesting:
> https://google.com/trends/explore#q=%2Fm%2F01kbt7%2C%20%2Fm%2F0dsbpg6%2C%20%2Fm%2F091hdj%2C%20%2Fm%2F03j_q%2C%20C%2B%2B&cmpt=q&tz=Etc%2FGMT-2

restrict it to 'programming' to get a more accurate assessment of
D.
https://google.com/trends/explore#cat=0-5-31&q=%2Fm%2F01kbt7%2C%20%2Fm%2F0dsbpg6%2C%20%2Fm%2F091hdj%2C%20%2Fm%2F03j_q&date=1%2F2010%2061m&cmpt=q&tz=Etc%2FGMT-2

removed C++ because it just dwarfs the others.
D, as I expected, has a massive following in Japan. I'm still not
quite sure why.