DMD -L Flag, maybe a bug?

anonymous via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Dec 25 07:06:27 PST 2015

On 25.12.2015 15:40, Bubbasaur wrote:
> But at least on Windows, you need to put a space between -L and the
> PATH. Which It's weird, since with "-I" flag you don't need any space.

I don't think that's right. Unless something awful is going in Windows
dmd, that should be processed as two separate entities: "-L" passes
nothing to the linker, and whatever you try to send the linker is
interpreted independently by dmd.

You can try removing the "-L" entirely. If it still works, then dmd is
apparently able to handle things for you, and you don't need to go the
linker yourself.

What exactly are trying to pass to the linker?

> It took me 30 minutes until I find why my program wasn't compiling. (I
> found the tip on a forum elsewhere).

Can you give a link to that?