DMD -L Flag, maybe a bug?

anonymous via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Dec 25 15:45:42 PST 2015

On 25.12.2015 19:32, Bubbasaur wrote:
> On Friday, 25 December 2015 at 15:06:27 UTC, anonymous wrote:
> In fact it works without the "-L". Which makes me wonder if I was using
> it wrongly?

I'm convinced that putting a space between "-L" and its argument is
nonsense. The "-L" part just means "pass the empty string to the
linker", which doesn't do anything. And the argument is interpreted by
dmd then, not by the linker.

>> What exactly are trying to pass to the linker?
>
> A lib: GtkD.

That means a .lib file, right?

dmd knows how to handle .lib files [1], so it's no surprise that things
work when you pass the .lib file to dmd.

The GtkD docs say to use -L though [2], so I suppose that should work
too. Maybe show your exact complete command line, if you want to find
out why it doesn't work for you.

[1] http://dlang.org/dmd-windows.html#switches
[2]
https://github.com/gtkd-developers/GtkD/wiki/Installing-on-Windows#testing-installation