DMD -L Flag, maybe a bug?

anonymous via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Dec 26 03:19:27 PST 2015

On 26.12.2015 02:04, Bubbasaur wrote:
> On Friday, 25 December 2015 at 23:45:42 UTC, anonymous wrote:
> It's almost like the example in the URL you showed:
>
> dmd test.d -LC:/gtkd/src/build/GtkD.lib

Note that in the docs I linked it's `dmd hello.d -L+gtkd.lib` with a
plus sign. I'm not sure if it's significant, but it's a difference.

Also, and this may be it, the link.exe that's distributed with dmd
doesn't like forward slashes as path separators. You can try it with
backslashes instead:

dmd test.d -LC:\gtkd\src\build\GtkD.lib

> But if you do a search for problems like: Linking problem or Symbol
> Undefined most command lines uses this: "-Lpath/to/whatever" (Without
> Space). And another thing... there is other flag commonly used "-I" with
> doesn't need space, so most people will assume the same for -L.

-L doesn't take a space, either. Putting a space there isn't even
optional, it's wrong. The stuff after the space is not passed to the
linker, it's interpreted by dmd.