basic interactive readf from stdin

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Dec 26 11:52:15 PST 2015

On Saturday, 26 December 2015 at 19:40:59 UTC, Jay Norwood wrote:
> Simple VS console app in D.

If you are running inside visual studio, you need to be aware
that output will be block buffered, not line buffered, because VS
pipes the output making the program think it is talking to
another program instead of to an interactive console (well,
because it is!)

Add a stdout.flush(); after writing to force it to show
immediately. I really think the read functions ought to flush
output too because this is such a FAQ. (indeed, my terminal.d
does flush output when you request input)