socketpair

sanjayss via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Dec 30 18:22:46 PST 2015

std.socket supports the socketpair() function, but it seems like
this api is not really usable in any of the concurrency
primitives supported by D. So what is the purpose of the
socketpair() support?

Basically I am trying to create two threads and am trying to use
socketpair() to create two sockets and use them to communicate
between the threads, but none of the socket API's allow use of
shared socket-pair (probably correctly so). So how else can one
implement a foreground event loop that supports both key-presses
and network socket events -- I was hoping to do the keyboard
event in one thread and use the socketpair to communicate to the
actual foreground event loop via the socketpair sockets.

Any help on how one would code this in D is welcome.