Ncurses deprecated "~master" issue

Paul via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Feb 10 05:18:31 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 3 December 2014 at 19:37:03 UTC, Paul wrote:
> On Wednesday, 3 December 2014 at 17:37:18 UTC, Matt Soucy wrote:
>> On 12/03/2014 07:07 AM, Paul wrote:
>>> Sorry if this is a little off-topic, I posted this in the Dub
>>> forum on 23/11/14 but have had no reply yet:
>>>

>>> ---
>>> I read that the use of a branch spec like "~master" in
>>> dub.json is deprecated. I also read that it could be
>>> overriden on a per-project basis by editing the project's
>>> dub.selections.json file but I can't find any information
>>> about what is actually required in this file and whether any
>>> corresponding changes need to be made to dub.json.
>>>
>>> I'm trying to use 'ncurses' which doesn't have a version
>>> number, only "~master".
>>> ---
>>>
>>> Also, does anyone know how 'beta' the ncurses module actually
>>> is, is anyone using it?
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>>
>>> Paul
>> So, as far as I know there isn't any plan for versioning that
>> specific library. I've used it, however, and it's pretty
>> usable (as much as ncurses goes, at any rate).
>
> So do I manually add those source files to my program (assuming
> the ncurses libs are installed) if compiling with dmd rather
> than using dub?

Bump!

I need to use ncurses for some quick prototyping now but I still
can't get it to work. Can someone please spell out the steps I
need to take to get this going? I'm using dmd on a linux mint box
and have ncurses (and dev package) installed.

What do I need to install and import exactly if I don't utilise
Dub?

TIA

Paul