GC has a "barbaric" destroyng model, I think

Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Feb 12 00:14:53 PST 2015

On 2/12/2015 6:42 AM, ketmar wrote:

> this problem has very easy solition: we should stop calling class dtors
> "destructors", and rename them to "finalizers".

Absolutely. So many people coming from C++ see "destructor" and want to
use them as they did in C++. How often do we see people coming on here
wondering why they can't get deterministic destruction out of class
destructors? Of course, it's too late to change anything now, but we
need a big, obvious link from the docs and the wiki and anywhere else
people can read about destructors to a page that explains how D class
destructors are not C++ class destructors.